BGW28 Attacking Stats last 6 matches played:
• Arsenal is not only top of PL table but also top of most attacking aspects across last 6 matches played, The North Londoners are now ranked top for most goals scored (16) & 3rd for both xG (12.78) & big chances (19) across the same period. A triple-up on arsenal assets makes sense now ahead of a favorable home game with Goal-shy Crystal palace, keeping in mind that many PL big guns blanking this GW. We may see the majority of managers captaining Arsenal players, big hauls awaits!
• Since most of top attacking teams will have a blank this GW (Man City, Liverpool, Brighton & Man united), we have opted to Spurs ahead of their trip to the South coast for a game vs basement dwellers Southampton. Despite their recent poor results & their low (7.21) xG across last 6 GWs, (Harry Kane 11.6£) remains the stand out captaincy pick for this GW (along with Saka actually). While if you want to gain a ground in your mini-leagues & looking for a differential then (Son Heung-Min 11.6£) is your man with just 6.7% ownership, we all know what the south Korean is capable off!
• Crystal Palace is the only team failing to register a single shot on target in 3 consecutive games since Opta started to analyze Premier League football matches. This can be easily indicated when you find out that Palace is bottom for goals scored (3), XG (4.62) & SoT (😎 across last 6 games played! An Arsenal defensive coverage seems to be highly on demand ahead of BGW28!
• Nottingham Forest is currently in bottom three for most attacking aspects with just 5 goals scored from an xG (4.79) & 5 big chances! In other words that means they were lucky enough to have converted all their attempts into goals, though that won’t definitely remain forever & their goals scoring drought will continue , So if you still holding on your Newcastle defensive double-up or in a Wild Card , just be hoping for an expected clean sheet for the Magpies!
o BGW28 Defensive Stats last 6 matches played:
• Despite some recent poor results, Chelsea defensive form is currently improving under Graham Potter, 3rd fewest goals conceded & big chances conceded can easily show you how the blues are progressing. It is worth noting that Chelsea have the best defensive home record this season, conceding just 8 goals at home soil (Kepa Arrizabalaga 4.7£) is averaging 5.0 points per match under Graham Potter, While GW28 most bought player (Ben Chilwell 5.9£) has delivered an attacking return in three straight games in all competitions, also the tactical return to the wingback system seems to be perfectly-suited for the English man!
• Aston Villa are now ranked bottom of our defensive Chart (most goals conceded (12) , most xG conceded (13.32) & big chances conceded) across last 6 games played, despite having FIFA’s best GK (Emiliano Martinez 4,9£).Even on a Wild card , I wouldn’t go any near to Villa’s backline until further improvement signs!
• Despite their shocking win last weekend vs Liverpool, Bournemouth are still in bottom two (joint with Villa) for most defensive stats, having conceded most shots on target (36) , 2nd most xG conceded ( 11.54) & 2nd most big chances conceded across last 6 games played. That could be why (Ollie Watkins 7.4£) is the most bought forward ahead of GW 28. In fact Watkins has already 7 attacking returns to his name in his last 7 & with DGW 29 on mind, he could be a possible 3rd forward option for the very short term!
Good Luck everyone!
#GW28 #FPL # ARSCRY #SOUTOT #NFONEW #CHEEVE #AVLBOU
Which team impressed you the most offensively in the recent weeks ? #FPL #GW28