Gameweek 1, Day 3, Key Notes:
⏱️ Brentford 2 – 2 Spurs
🔋Possession: 31% – 69%
⚙️ xG: 2.01 – 1.26
🔍Big Chances: 3 – 1
🚀 Shots (SoT): 11(6) – 18(6)
• Unsurprisingly Maddison was the most creative player on the pitch. He created 6 chances (most) including 1 big chance and bagged assists for both the goals scored by Spurs.
• Emerson Royal was the most attacking player from both the teams combined. Apart from scoring a goal, he was top for Touches in the opp. half (97), Touches in the final third (58) and passes in the final third (39).
• Despite playing in the front line, both Richarlison and Son lacked any attacking threat in the game. Both players could only manage 2 shots each in the entire match, had just 1 chance created between them and gave away a penalty.
• Both Yoane Wissa and Bryan Mbeumo fired 3 shots each (=most), all 3 on target (=most) and scored a goal each (Mbeumo from penalty).
⏱️ Chelsea 1 – 1 Liverpool
🔋Possession: 65% – 35%
⚙️ xG: 1.35 – 1.28
🔍Big Chances: 4 – 2
🚀 Shots (SoT): 10(4) – 13(1)
• Mo Salah started the game rrally well. He hit the woodwork, provided a sublime assist for Diaz and scored a goal which was later ruled out by VAR in the first 30 minutes of the match. He however tailed off after that and so much so that he was subbed off at 77 minutes.
• Both fullbacks from Chelsea (Chilwell more than James) played further up the pitch and took really attacking positions. Chilwell provided the assist for the Chelsea goal and scored a goal which was later ruled out by VAR whereas James created 2 big chances (most) in the game.
• Without a genuine no. 6 in their team, Liverpool looked very vulnerable defensively which is evident from the number of big chances conceded despite conceding less shots.
• Liverpool attackers minutes will be managed, with all four taken off at various points at Stamford Bridge: Gakpo 66’, Salah 76’, Diaz 76’, Jota 66’.
Who impressed you the most yesterday?
#FPL #GW1 <Admin #SS28🇮🇳>