FPL 22/23 ; Gameweek 4 Preview ; Team Stats
• Even with previously injured players back in the squad LEI continue to struggle defensively by conceding joint most big chances and the most goals. The departure of team captain and goalstopper Schmeichel is distinct, LEI defenders should be avoided.
• NFO have conceded the most SoT and have the highest xG conc., next up is TOT who possess quality that should be able to take advantage of that.
• MUN have been underperforming defensively [xG conc.(4.64) – GC(7) = -2.36], they “should” have conceded two goals less at least.
• LIV & CHE is surprisingly among the teams who have conceded the most big chances. Injuries on Matip and Konate seems to bother LIV as Van Dijk is not to recognize atm. CHE defender Koulibaly’s suspension is a loss but Azpilicueta is experienced in a CB role.
• BHA & ARS defenses have been the most solid so far and both teams continue to have nice looking fixtures in the near future. Owning defenders/GK from these teams is a good idea.
• LEE, WOL & TOT have numbers in level with the reigning champions MCI when it comes to goals and big chances conc..
• MCI dominate while LIV & CHE are not to be found in the top three at neither GS, xG, SoT or BC.
• ARS is at minimum top three at all of the four offensive metrics. Double up on Martinelli + Jesus is justified.
• BRE, LEE, FUL & CRY is so far challenging the likes of TOT at general offensive threat. Toney, Rodrigo & Harrison and Zaha look good. Mitrovic is also performing well but FUL have tough fixtures coming up.
• BOU, WHU & LEI are all in the mud when it comes to attacking. BOU have faced both MCI & ARS but WHU & LEI have no apologies. Can the return of Solanke harvest returns against a struggling LIV?
• The absence of WOL & EVE main strikers Jiménez and Calvert-Lewin is noticeable as both sides are struggling to score and get into big chances. Jiménez is now back which will improve their attack but it is still a wait and see. EVE’s Gordon is currently playing in an out of position role FPL-wise, but atm. better midfield options exist.
What do you take with you from these stats?
#FPL #GW4 <Admin #Mrk5C>