Gameweek 10, Day 2, Key Notes:
🗣 – Jurgen Klopp : “Lucho [Diaz] we had to change before [half-time]. [It’s] something with the knee, not good. He will have a scan and then we will know more. I have no idea about the extent and then on top of that Trent [Alexander-Arnold] is bad as well with the ankle. [He] twisted the ankle, not good. Trent never, in seven years, went off if he could have played on. He was in too much pain, it started swelling immediately, so we will have to see.”
🗣 – Erik ten Hag on Anthony Martial : “We have to wait. I can’t diagnose. I don’t think it’s that big a problem. He had an assist for the first goal. I’m happy with that. It was a setback for the team but Ronaldo came in and made the winning goal, I’m happy with that.”
🗣 – Marco Silva on the injured Aleksandar Mitrovic : “Let’s see, day by day. We expected him to be with us but unfortunately the last two days he didn’t feel so well. We have to keep checking him, assessing him, to see when he can start working with the team again.”
• Alexander-Arnold has now blanked in seven of his eight league appearances this season
• During his time on the pitch against Arsenal , Salah managed just one penalty box touch and one shot
• Martinelli is now only 7 points behind Phil Foden (£8.2m), FPL’s top-scoring midfielder.
• Saka has now produced 7 attacking returns (3 goals, 4 assists) in his last six league appearances.
• Antony is the first Manchester United player to score in each of his first three appearances in the Premier League for the club. In that time, he has racked up 10 shots, double that of any other teammate.
Who impressed you the most yesterday ?